Cigar Review, tips and news
I have been looking for one of these for a long time. I could never find them local and would forget to add one to my cart while shopping online. That was before I read Brian’s review over at SR. I was on a mission to get a couple of these back here to put in my work truck. See I’m on the road about 3-4 days most weeks and get in between 500-1000 miles in travel so these would come in handy.
I picked mine up at Ebay for $4.99 each and $4.00 shipping for both of them. I have since found them at JR’s for a whopping $3.95 and $2.63 shipping.
Colors: Brown, Tan, and Blue
Price: $3.95 (at Jr’s)
The Ashtray: The ashtray is a good concept. Made out of a thick plastic it is supposed to last over 10 years. It has a long arm to rest your cigar while you drive. It is the size of a standard cup and fits in all (old and new) cup holders in any car. It also has another arm to put between the window and door frame like the old time cup holders from the 80′s just in case the manufacturer forgot to put cup holders in your car. Come on, you remember them. They were made for big gulps so anything smaller would bounce around and spill all over the place. And you would spill it every time you would slam the door forgetting it was their. Aww, the 80′s. Big hair and spandex.
- Gives you a place to rest your cigar.
- Gives you place to put your cigar out instead of throwing it out the window and fighting the wind and then catching an ash in your eye.
- Good size.
- Clean looking (hides the ash and butts)
- Easy to clean.
- Very convenient.
- The price
- They need more colors. They need to add black at the very least.
- If your cup holders are in a bad place this will be as well.
- Smaller cigars tend to slide forward towards the black hole..
- Looks like something made in the 80′s.
- Takes up a cup holder.
Over all: If you smoke in your car a lot then this is a must for you. I have not found anything better to date for cigars. It holds any size cigar. So any FTE (you’ll know what this is if you listen to Bubba) or anyone else that drives a lot I would highly recommend this. It has worked out perfect for me so far.
I wish I had time to take some pictures. Check out Brian’s review, he is good with the camera.
Incoming search terms:
- cigar ashtray for car
- car cigar ashtray
- review of bobken cigar ashtray
- bobken ashtray
- burlwood cigar bobken removable car ashtray
- car cigar ashtrays
- cigar bobken
- cigar bobken review
- how to clean a Bobken