Cigar Review, tips and news
- Name: J Grotto Reserve Series Gran Toro
- Made in Honduras
- Honduras Criollo 98 wrapper
- Honduras Criollo 98 wrapper
- Honduras and Nicaragua Ligero Filler
- Size 6×52
- Suggested retail price is $8.95
This is a beautiful looking cigar. The J Grotto Reserve Series Gran Toro is the only one in the line that supports a pig tail cap which is more of a quick wrap. The cigar is dark, oily and constructed solid. No soft spots, perfect looking cap and small to a couple mid sized veins. Just looks like a kick ass cigar.
After lighting this J Grotto cigar I noticed right away that it was going to be a good flavor smoke. It starts and ends with a full flavor and medium strength. This is an earthy cigar with smooth oak in the background. All the flavors seemed to be deep and dark but always smooth. The retrohale was a pleasant experience that brought the flavors out even more.
The burn on this cigar was worse than I had hoped for. From the beginning I had to touch it up through the entire cigar. Before doing this cigar review I decided to smoke another after it had more time to settle in the humidor. Giving it another week I got the same results as the first J Grotto Reserve Series. More time in the humidor might help with this issue but I don’t know. Make sure to let us know how this cigar has burned for you in the comment section.
Over all: So we have a bad burn that I’m not thrilled with at all but we also have a wonderful, very satisfying flavor and makes me think the burn is worth it. Every time I walk past my coolidor I want to grab another. My thoughts are find one, smoke it and then repeat… Then let us know how it burns for you.
Incoming search terms:
- j grotto series reserve
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anime yuri
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups all beauty
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anime gallery
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups family photos
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups new beauty
On Decimber 6th 2011 Drew Estate’s released a free cigar app for the iPhone. Here is what it is features:
- Browse Drew Estate’s cigar brands, including description, size, and quantity information
- Find nearby stores that carry Drew Estate brands
- Visit the Kult Shop, Drew Estate’s online store, to purchase unique Drew Estate branded merchandise
- Browse through photos and videos from Drew Estate’s Flickr and YouTube accounts
- Browse Drew Estate’s Facebook, Twitter and blog posts
- Find Drew Estate events based on location
- Browse through details, photos and videos from Drew Estate’s Cigar Safari
- Read Drew Estate’s story, written by founders Jonathan Drew and Marvin Samel, including pictures
- Manage subscriptions to “From Under the Bridge”, the official Drew Estate newsletter
If you have an Android or iPad, they will be releasing an app for that too. I will let you know when it gets released.
You can download the iPhone version HERE.