Cigar Review, tips and news
Here are some reviews that have been posted in the past week or so. This should give you plenty to read during my online dry spell.
- The Stogie Baby reviews the Montecristo Media Noche and gets a C- and the Don Pepin Cuban Classic does a little better getting a C+
- Cigar Jack has a La Aurora Connoisseur Selection Brazil and Cohiba “Red Dot” Lonsdale Grande
- The Stogie Review takes on a Gurkha Special Edition Beast and then Walt shows off his custom rolling table
- Cigar Monkey tries a bargain cigar called Vega Talanga Azul Corojo and a Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight III (my review)
- Elvis from The Velvet Cigar finally tries a NUB Cameroon (don’t feel bad, I just got around to trying the Habano and didn’t think much of it. Have yet to try the others.)
- Matt reviews a Ashton San Cristobal Supremo and gives it an A+
- Daniel fires up a Fundacion Ancestral Pinar del Rio 1941 Torpedo
- The Stogie Guys have a Cuban Crafters Cameroon Toro
Wow, never seen this happen before. Story from kob.com
An Albuquerque city councilor now says his proposal for a complete indoor smoking ban, including in cigar bars, went too far.
Councilor Michael Cadigan says he was trying to protect businesses in strip malls that sit next door to cigar and smoke shops. He also wanted to discourage hookah bars from setting up shop in Albuquerque.
Cadigan says hookah bars only encourage a younger crowd to pick up the smoking habit. Additionally, he says businesses around smoke shops have to deal with second-hand smoke.
The councilor says he has decided to drop the smoking ban proposal after it received an unenthusiastic response. (Read more)